Thursday, February 09, 2006

Sawyer the Gun Runner

"There's a new sheriff in town."

Okay, I admit, I'm a sucker for twisty turny episodes of LOST where supporting characters are manipulated and lied to for the greater good of a grander scheme, so in my eyes, last night's The Long Con was a successful episode, following last last week's boring and redundant Fire + Water. Here are some quickies:

-"Sawyer as a bad guy" is way better than "Sawyer the innocent bystander who got shot in the arm. " Although I like his redeeming qualities, Sawyer's right: people don't just change their ways. Conning is what he does best, and in a strange way, I feel safer knowing that Sawyer has the guns and not Loose-Cannon Locke (remember, the guy was in anger management in his "past life"...).
-I think Hurley referencing time displacement in the scene with Sayid and the radio is enough proof to say that the "time out of place" theory is likely not going to play out. I'm no longer considering this a lead in the investigation of LOST Island.
-Tokyo Rose, LooLoo, the imagery of Jack riding Kate's horse with a big white hat.
-I definitely didn't expect Charlie to be involved!
-Nish pointed this out: the waitress in the diner scene was Kate's now-dead mother, right?
-Did Charlie take the heroin that Sawyer brought for him as payment? Or was he satisfied with making Locke look like an old fool?
-Does anyone care where the hell Michael is?
-When is Kate going to kick AnaL's ass? Does the phrase "AnaL's ass" make you laugh?
-Whatever happened to the huge cliffhanger episode endings? What's the point of extending the episode 4 minutes if it's not for dropping a bomb at the end?

"It wasn't me."

One more new episode for the month of February. Fortunately it's next week, and Rousseau comes back!

j.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mere said...

Well, you did get one thing right. You really are a sucker.

Oh I KEED, I keed.

But seriously...

Second episode in a row in which an antihero is left fucked. C'mon now. We like Charlie. We like Sawyer. We want good things to happen to these poor guys. "People don't change" is NOT a good enough excuse.

Who buys gold necklaces at a gas pump? Who. Does. That.

Agreed on the Hurley time displacement wink. Damon reads our blog, yo. Hiiiii Daaaaamon!

Seems like Charlie took the heroin as payment but it was secondary to making Locke look like a fool. Nobody puts "You All Everybaby" in the corner.

The ManAlucia/Kate stare-down was UGLY and oddly hot. Wait, what?

Rousseau can bite me though her return may lead to a reveal about Alex-as-Other and at least THAT'S promising.

Looks like next week we're going Others Hunting.

Hey, remember when Jack wasn't a douchebag? Remember that? Good times.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Sam's Myth said...

For me, the biggest cliffhanger was finding out that next week the ball drops in the hatch. Can't wait.

Yes. The gas station scene has the whole room laughing last night. Terrible.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Mere said...

YES! I forgot about that!

5....4....3....2....1....

3:25 PM  
Blogger jonniechang said...

Ok, let's rephrase: "BAD people don't change." I don't think "everyone gets a second chance on the island" applies to everyone. Obviously Sawyer doesn't give a shit about anyone, not even Kate. Me like that.

I bought a gold necklace at a gas station before. It was during my sweater-around-my-neck, look-I'm-
Zack-Morris days.

How cool would it be if Damon read our blog? Damon, Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine rules! Gimme issue #2!

Kate/AnaL -- kinda hot, although AnaL looks piggy when her closeup is butted up with Kate's.

Doesn't next week's episode look more like an episode of 24?

And yeah, Jack's flying off the handle these days. Must be stressful being the unelected, unofficial leader of "the group," as he called it last night.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Germain said...

Last night was surely entertaining, alot of good stuff mentioned here. First - what was the title of the script Hurley was reading, i couldnt make it out. Second - I think next week nothing at all happens when the timer runs out. At least nothing that we see on this side of the island. Third - the reverse shot of Kate and AL was definetly a highlight but is it me or is Kate getting hotter? Its nuts.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Sam's Myth said...

She's always been blazing hot. You've just been getting more hot for her.

I do detect a new spirit about her, which I attribute to the on-set/off-set atmosphere of the cast.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Much better than last week's episode. I would've liked to see what happened to make Sawyer realize that stuff about tigers and such.

How did Locke move and hide like 1000 pounds of guns and ammo by himself?

Probably nothing, but the combination is 7-33-18.

Also, Charlie doesn't take the statue.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Something I forgot to say before: Sawyer should've taken the picture instead of just turning it face-down.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home